August Favourites

Hey Everyone!
Hope you are all well!

Today I have decided to post my August Favourites, it is a mixture of fashion, beauty and technology.  I was going to post this last night but my family and I went out for dinner so I didn't have time to write up my outfit post and this one. Which is why I am posting my favourites today :)

I am going to start with technology, since it is only one item. I had finally saved up enough money to buy myself a macbook pro! I have wanted a macbook since I started photography (all the way back in Year 9 at school!) So I am really happy that I have finally managed to own one :)


Love the way the keyboard and Apple logo lights up! 
(I'm sad. I know)

Next is my beauty favourites. I have chosen: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, Creightons Movie Matte Photo Finish Moisturiser and my all time favourite MAC lipstick in Creme Cup.


(Please excuse the horrendous photo. 
I couldn't find my Nikon and the lighting in my room is...crap.)

Starting with the Micellar Cleansing Water by Garnier, I absolutely swear by this. My skin feels so fresh and clean after using the water. It removes your make up and dirt from the day and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. I recommend this to everyone. You do need to use a good moisturiser though, as after some use your skin may dry out a little. Or it could just be me, as I suffer mildly from dry skin. I use it every day in the morning and evening, replacing baby/skin wipes. 
This is actually my second bottle. 

Next is the Creightons Movie Matte Photo Finish Moisturiser which is only £1... Yes its only £1! From Poundland! I read a review about it in a magazine from work (can't remember which magazine) and thought that I would give it a go. My thought was that its only £1, if I don't like it I haven't spent a fortune on it. I love it. It's actually really good, it gets rid of the shine/t-zone and makes your skin feel so soft. I only use it in the mornings and I don't feel the need to put foundation on either, I just put some powder on and my face looks fine. No shine and it looks like I have foundation on because of the powder on top. Perfect. 
I have to admit... it does smell of strawberry yoghurt a little... but it's all good :) 
If you have a spare pound and your in poundland, give it a go. You'll be surprised :)

Lastly, my all time favourite Mac lipstick in creme cup. The colour is just perfect for me, sometimes I think red can make me look deathly pale, so this is a really good go to colour for me instead of red. Although I would love to pull of the classic red lipstick like I see many other girls wear, but I don't think I have found my 'perfect' shade of red yet. Which is why I love this colour so much, I can wear it everyday and I find it just suits me. 

On to my fashion favourites now, I have so many but I have managed to narrow it down to just two. My Dr martens and a tartan skirt. 


Both items are from New Look


Dr Martens - Sole Traders 

The tartan skirt is from yesterdays outfit post and you can probably guess that I am totally in love with this skirt. It is just perfect. All that needs to be said. If you want to go into detail about it, just take a look at the post before - Outfit of the day: Tartan Skirt.

The Dr Martens. I have always like them, just thought they would never suit me and they would make my feet look clumpy and huge. Well. I was proved wrong when my boyfriend made me try them on. Now I am obsessed with Dr Martens. I have already planned in my mind what pair I am going to get next! I haven't even worn these long enough to be super comfy yet and I want another pair. They are getting there though, I reckon another couple of weeks and I can stop covering my feet in plasters just to wear them. They go with anything! I generally thought I was going to have trouble finding things to wear them with, but it has actually been really easy. 

Well thats all of my favourites, I hope you enjoyed reading this post! It's the longest post I have written so far and hopefully not my last!! 

Thank you all for reading, if you have any comments/questions about any of the items just leave a comment below and I will get back as soon as I can :)

Thank you again! Have a lovely evening! 

Michaela xx







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig