Goodbye January and Hello February!

Hello Everyone!
Hope you had a good day!

So who else is glad for January to be over? I am that's for sure! Not that it was a bad month or anything, January went quite quick for me. It's just because I have so much to look forward to in February and it is also one step closer to Spring!! Yay!

A lot of things happened in January so I have decided to do a little January Favourites to sum up my best three.

1. Interning at Mod Dolly

Pinafore - Mod Dolly

Starting with my No. 1 favourite, interning at Mod Dolly for two weeks. For those of you who have not heard of Mod Dolly, they are a established brand that sells handmade and vintage inspired clothing. They are based in London and work with traditional pieces by adding a modern touch to make them their own. The pieces they create are a signature style that will stay on trend for many years. 
I was lucky enough to be accepted to do a two week internship with them and I loved it. It was really good and I enjoyed it so much! I felt sad that it was only for two weeks and didn't want to leave. Which led me to cheekily ask them whether I would be able to go up once a week to help them out. To my surprise they agreed for me to do one day a week!! Which has made me so happy and I really appreciate them agreeing to this as they didn't have too!! 

2. Starting the New Year on a Positive note


*Photo taken by myself*

During the last few months of 2014 I wasn't in a great place and it affected my health. I'm not going to go into details but it wasn't great. So in the New Year I wanted to start it on a positive note and put 2014 behind me for good. 
I decided to write all the bad things that happened down on a scrap piece of paper and then rip it up. In my mind it was just getting rid of all the bad things for good so I can have a fresh start and ready for the New Year. 
So far I have remained positive and things are looking up!

3. Started Blogging again


*You can find my outfit details in my previous post*

I started blogging early last year but I don't think it was the right time for me as I wasn't very good at keeping to a routine. I was also in my last year at college so I was quite stressed and busy with my final project which didn't help. So I kinda just gave up with it for a while and then I started working full time which stressed me out. Retail. It is the bane of my life. I hated it, which again didn't help with my blog as I was always in a bad mood. So I just stopped blogging and decided that I might start it up again in the New Year. 
When I started the first week at Mod Dolly, it really inspired me to start blogging again and that weekend I started my blog up again with a outfit post. Since then I have made sure I post every week and I am trying to get into a routine. So far so good! 

That is all for this post, it's a bit different to the other posts I usually write but I hope you liked it anyway. Feel free to leave any comments below and I will reply as soon as I can! :)

Thank you for reading and make sure you look out for tomorrow's Birthday & Outfit post!

Michaela xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig