Alexander McQueen - Savage Beauty

Hello Everyone!
Hope you all had a good day!

Today's post is all about the amazing Alexander McQueen exhibition at the V&A. It is truly spectacular and you would be silly to miss it! Even if you are not keen on McQueen, it is still worth going.

After waiting nearly a year to see this exhibition, I finally got to see it on Sunday 15th March.
I know it was on Mother's Day but when we brought the tickets nearly a year ago and we had no idea that it would fall on Mother's Day. My boyfriend wanted to treat me by going to the exhibition because he knew how much I liked McQueen. My mum was completely fine with it and we spent the day together on the Saturday instead; she was also working on the Sunday so it worked out fine. I just wanted to clear that up since I have had some comments from friends/family about it.

Anyway, the exhibition was just amazing! Savage Beauty is my favourite collection of McQueen's, I just think it is so beautiful and intricate. The prints and embellishments are just perfect and the colours used go so well together. Seeing the collection in person was even better than I thought it would be. After many years admiring photo's, I am so happy that I got to see the collection in person. I'm tempted to go back and see it again before it goes but I'm not sure yet.

The first half of the photos are from out and about around London before we headed into the exhibition.






Leather Jacket - Topshop
Top - Primark
Skirt - Topshop
Boots - Primark

Here are some photo's from the exhibition -

*Please Note* 
The photo's below are NOT mine. We were not allowed to take photo's within the exhibition so these are from Google Images. 









"Remember Sam Taylor-Wood's dying fruit? Things rot...I used flowers because they die. My mood was darkly romantic at the time." - Alexander McQueen

My favourite dress is the Sarabande Dress (Flower Dress above). I love it! The silk flowers are just beautiful! I love how they are arranged on the base of the dress and most of them are handmade! Real flowers were also used but I'm not sure whether there was real flowers on it now. I just can't explain how much I love this dress! 

Below are some items I brought from the V&A shop. I wanted to get something to remember the day by so I decided to get some photo cards with my favourite designs. They didn't have one with the Sarabande Dress but I got one with it the background, haha :) Then I spotted this amazing skull print tote bag and I just had to have it! I have a slight obsession with these bags and since it had this beautiful skull print on, it was a must have for me. My boyfriend Harry spotted a pocket mirror with the same print on so of course I had to have it! 


Tote bag - £10
Photo cards - £1 each
Pocket mirror - £5

I really wanted to buy the Alexander McQueen Fashionary as well but I didn't have enough money for everything so I put it back. However I have given it as an idea for Christmas. (I know its a long way away yet!) It was more of a joke than a real idea because I think they are limited edition.  
There was so much I wanted! If I had the money I would have brought a beautiful silk scarf with the skull print on! It was so nice!! But at £145, there was no way I could afford it! I have linked the page if you want to see what it looks like! Just click on the 'silk scarf' above! 

What is your favourite dress from his collection? Have you visited the exhibition?
Let me know in the comments! I would love to hear what you thought! :)

Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it!
Don't forget to leave any comments below and I will reply as soon as I can!
Have a nice evening!

Michaela xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig