Throw Back to College - Part One

Hello Everyone!
Hope you are well!

For this post I have decided to write about my time at college and show what I created while studying. Since I am starting University in September, I would like to see how far I have come from when I first started making clothing.

Before I studied fashion, I went to Canterbury College to study Art & Design although I only stayed on the course for a year.
Throughout the year I did learn and improve my drawing and design skills which I am grateful for because it prepared me for the Fashion & Clothing course I went on to do.
I have decided to show you my final project from the art course because I am still proud of it; I put a lot of effort in to it and pushed myself to achieve the best I could do.

The theme we were given was The Human Body and I decided to focus on the Ribcage. After doing a lot of research and planning, the outcome I wanted was to have a mini collection of printed t-shirts, a photoshoot and a fashion promotion film. I had everything I needed and it was all planned however my tutors didn't like my idea and told me it wasn't good enough. I went home angry, upset and I desperately wanted to prove them wrong. After thinking about doing what they advised, I decided not to because I had already worked so hard on my idea, I wasn't going to change it just because they didn't like it. So I went against what my tutors said and it basically told them that I can and will achieve my idea.

Well, I did it. I proved them wrong. I did everything I wanted and more than I needed. The look on their faces when I showed them my project was the best. They told me that it is at the standard of a second year student and that it should be shown in the end of year show.
They were wrong about me and I proved that I could do it. To be honest I was smug. I still am when I think about it because I did it, I had proved them wrong when they doubted me.

So, if anyone has ever made you feel or told you that your not good enough, show them that they are wrong! If I can do it, I'm sure you can! :)

Okay, enough of me rambling on, here are some of the photo's and the link to my video from my last project.
The title for my collection is - LOOK BENEATH THE SKIN
*All photo's were taken by myself*








If the link doesn't work, type in the search box on youtube - look beneath the skin fashion promotion
The video will have - HarryTaylor1995 channel under the title.
The video is a mix of mine & Harry Taylor's filming and the editing is also done by Harry.
Hope you liked it! Let me know what you think! :)

I didn't realise how much I was going to write for this post, so I have decided to split the post into two. I will post the second part next Thursday and it will be the last part of this 'Throw Back to College' post.

I know it was a bit of a wordy post but thank you for reading! Hope you liked it!
Feel free to leave any comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Thank you so much for reading!
Have a nice evening!

Michaela xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig