Floral Tea Dress

Hello Everyone!

Recently I have found that I lack dresses in my wardrobe. I have plenty of trousers and skirts that will see me throughout the year but I only own one black bodycon and one white lace dress that is now too short for me but for some reason I have kept it. As you may have noticed throughout my blog and social accounts I have been obsessed with culottes and trousers for ages now and due to that dresses just dropped off my radar. But, another reason why I haven't bought any dresses instead is because I haven't found one I actually liked enough to buy. I'm not one to wear tight fitting dresses, I just find that they don't suit me and I find them uncomfortable when it's warm. Which is why I don't wear the one black bodycon I own. I'm very picky when it comes to dresses. 

It was only because my family pointed this out that I actually decided to go out and actually look for a dress. No trousers...even though I saw a really cute pair that would be perfect for the transition into autumn. I went to London last weekend and I searched in Zara, Topshop, Urban Outfitters...practically everywhere for a dress that I liked but found nothing. The next day I ventured into my local town for one last half-hearted attempt on finding a dress and I found this cute floral dress in Topshop, I'm surprised that it was in the Oxford Street store. I loved it straight away and took it straight into the fitting rooms to try on. I don't usually go for 'V' neck items as I'm not keen on the style but I decided to put that aside and to try the dress anyway. I loved it on and ended up buying it because it is the only dress that I have found that I liked enough to buy.






I love the style of this dress! It reminds me of a 1940's style tea dress, even my boyfriend said it looked like it was from that era. The length of the dress is perfect, not too short but long enough to feel comfortable in it. As you probably have realised from previous posts, I love flowers so of course, I absolutely love this floral print! The pleated waist is perfect for adding some shape and some detail to the dress. It acts like a belt but it isn't tight around the waist. The only downside is that the pale colour of the dress can be a bit see-through but along as you wear appropriate underwear you will be fine. I am still getting used to the 'V' neck but other than that I love the dress. :)





Dress - Topshop
Leather Jacket - Topshop
Red Block Heels - New Look (old)
Bag - Topshop
Rings - Primark

I choose to style the dress with red shoes and accessories as I thought it would bring out the red in the flowers. I thought my red block heels would look great with the dress and adds to the cute, tea dress style. As usual, I chose my leather jacket to toughen the outfit up a bit; I always like to add some edginess to my outfits. 

Obviously, this is just one way you could style the dress. I have so many more ideas on how to style it, I may even create a 5 Ways to Wear post! If you would be interested it that post, please leave a comment below! :)

Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope you liked it!
Have a great day! :)
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This dress is adorable! I love how you've styled it with a leather jacket too, that's definitely something I'd do! X

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is adorable! I love how you've styled it with a leather jacket too, that's definitely something I'd do! X

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress - it really suits you too! I'm after a pair of heels just like these so I will have to keep an eye out in New Look <3

    Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig