Peace, Love & Unity

Hello!

As much as I love bomber jackets at the moment, it was nice to switch it up a bit and wear an actual jacket. I found this army jacket at a vintage stall while I was at Reading Festival all the way back in 2013. Over the past 3 years, I have gone through phases of getting rid of the jacket then deciding to keep it. However, I feel that now where I am more fashion focused, I have found my own style and I will keep the jacket for good. I love the screen print on the back and love the Peace, Love and Unity quote.







I have decided to customise the jacket a bit more as there are velcro patches all over the jacket and I am planning on getting a few velcro patches to cover them up. It will be a bit hard as the patches are shaped specifically for army badges but I have already decided that I want to find a rainbow patch to cover the arched one on the shoulder. I'm sure I will be able to find other odd and random ones to cover the rest. It was suggested to me that I could find some vintage army badges but I would rather not, out of respect. The only army related patch I will put on the jacket is a 'Lest we Forget' patch.









Army Jacket - Vintage -
(Found at Reading Festival)
Crop Top - Topshop
Mom Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Dr Martens
Rucksack - Fiorelli 

The crop top is from Topshop but it is an old style, however, I have seen many similar ones on the high street; so you won't have to search far to find one. The mom jeans are also from Topshop and I love them! For someone who basically lives in skinny jeans, it did surprise me that I wanted to try this style. I'm glad I did try this style as it has opened up so many other options and it really has expanded my personal style. I don't think I have worn skinny jeans for a good few months at least! This is a big step for me! I'm experimenting with more styles (not just jeans) and finding out more and more about my personal style. I love it!

Lastly, my beloved Dr Martens! I have had these for a couple of years now and I still love them! I usually wear them more during the Autumn/Winter months but I love how they look with this outfit. I haven't worn them with these jeans before but I am planning to pair them up a lot more now! Every year since I bought these, I have been wanting to get a pair of the classic boot version. Annoyingly, when I tried a pair on they really hurt my feet. It is because of the way the tongue of the boot is sewn and the top of my feet pressed against the seam and it just wasn't comfy at all. I really wish they didn't hurt my feet as I really want a pair! :( 

How would you style the army jacket? I would love to know! Feel free to leave any comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can! :)

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! 
Have a great day! :)
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Absolutely love this outfit! It's so cool and suits you perfectly.

    Love, kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this whole look, I would definitely style the jacket similarly! Like you, I've basically lived in skinny jeans my whole life and was sceptical about mom jeans, but I've actually fallen in love with mine and I wear them all the time!

    Great post, can't wait to read more! X

    smallbrownandstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely!! :) I'm finding that I don't want to wear my skinny jeans anymore, I'm constantly looking for wider legged jeans or trousers! I never thought I would give up my skinny jeanss! haha xx

      Delete
  3. I love your hair! And yeah, this jacke is great! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and your style and this is gonna sound really odd but I've been wanting to make friends in the blogging community and if you like my style you can contact me from my blog! Either way I love your style!

    http://jordanbarrant.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your 90s style hair in this! That army bomber jacket is super cute too.

    www.miniaturemilk.co.uk // Imogen xx

    ReplyDelete

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig