Happy New Year Everyone!!
Hope you all have an amazing, happy and healthy 2017!
2016 has finally come to an end and what a year it has been.. for me personally, it has been a rollercoaster of a year. 2016 had it's negative parts but I'm focusing on the parts that were amazing! For instance, me and my boyfriend Harry went on our first 'proper' holiday together, okay it was only a week in Devon but it was one of the best weeks of 2016. I did plan to write a post about our time in Devon but it kinda got side tracked. Is it too late to post it now? This year I really want to travel more so hopefully there will be more weeks filled with adventures and happiness! and I will post about them this time! ;)
How are you starting the New Year?
I'm kicking off the year with an exciting work placement and not having to be back at uni officially until the beginning of March! This means I will have time to blog more and since I will be in London most of the time, I have the chance to gather lots of content for the blog!
*I'm also planning to move my blog over to Wordpress and to finally have my own domain!
There are so many things I want to change/do this year and I have decided to share my main three goals for the year. *Advance warning - The first two are not exactly 'happy' but these are things that I want to change in order to be happier and healthier this year.
My main 3 goals for 2017 -
1. The main thing I want to achieve in 2017 is to stress less -
2016 was filled with many stressful days, I admit that I do get stressed easily but I want to change that. Uni was one of the main triggers for me stressing. I know university isn't going to be a walk in the park and I knew this when I first applied for uni but when it gets to a point where you want to quit your career goals and leave uni to get rid of the stress, it's not right. Again, it is probably down to me allowing myself to get stressed that easily but still. I want to organise myself more and get into some sort of routine that will reduce my stress levels. Take more time out for myself and not let uni affect me as much as it has done over the past year and a half.
2. Another thing I want to concentrate on is making more time for 'Me' and doing more of what makes me happy! -
- Don't let uni take over my life (like I have let it over the past year).
- Don't let work take over. It's only a job and it's only in retail. It's just a stepping stone towards my future career. If I need time for myself and recover, then work can be pushed aside. The same goes with uni. I want to look after myself first. It's been so difficult in the past and it has affected my health and I don't want to be in that position again.
3. Travel more!!
I really want to travel to more places like Greece and Italy, especially Rome! I have been wanting to go to Rome for years and have never been able to go. So this year, I want to at least start planning to go and maybe even book it! Other than travelling around Europe, I also want to visit places in the UK such as Devon (again), Brighton, Manchester and Liverpool. If you have any recommendations, please let me know in the comments as I would love to try and visit a few places.
Other things I want to do this year -
- Experiment with my style more - I have loved changing and experimenting with my personal style this year and can't wait to push it further in 2017!
- Visit home and family more!
- Blog more and push my blog forward
- Read, I love reading and I used to read so much but over the past year I have only read about 6/7 books (that's hardly anything for me). So I really want to read more this year, if you have any recommendations, please let me know in the comments! :)
- Go for long walks
- Take more photos - digitally and film! I have an Instax mini 8 camera and love using it but because of the cost of the film, I only really use it for special occasions. I need to bulk buy film or something so I can use it more.
- More days out to castles, zoos, London trips etc.
- Start the Happiness Planner or start a Bullet Journal
- Exercise more - start running
- Eat healthier! I say this but I'm currently stuffing my face with Maltesers...Once all the chocolate has gone from over Christmas, I'll be healthy! I promise! ☺
Leopard Print Coat - Topshop (in the sale for £40!!)
Metallica Top - Topshop
Pleated Skirt - Topshop
Bag - Zara
Velvet Boots - Primark
Lastly, I just want to thank each and everyone one of you for all the amazing support you have given me and my blog this year! I really appreciate all the likes/comments/shares you have given me and I'm so grateful for all the opportunities that my blog has given me!
I look forward to pushing my blog further and sharing what I love with all of you!
As always, thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!
Hope you all have an amazing year!! ☺