The Bouverie Tap

After a full on and stressful couple of weeks, I have finally moved back to my hometown Folkestone and finally starting to relax. Living away has made me realise how much I took for granted before I left for uni. I'm finding myself admiring my surroundings more and wanting to walk everywhere. Even though I have lived here my whole life...it feels like new (does this make sense? haha). Anyway, due to this I am wanting to find new places to visit, especially since a lot has been built around Folkestone town and harbour since I was away, I want to explore more.  

The other day I visited a new and upcoming restaurant called The Bouverie Tap with my boyfriend and my brother. We were greeted as soon as we walked in and we were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff. The decor of the restaurant instantly sparked our interest and we found out that all the items displayed were authentic, vintage items that the owner had collected over the years. 




The interior of The Bouverie Tap is covered in authentic memorabilia ranging from the 1920s to the 1950s. As well as the items on the walls, all the tables are hand decorated and finished with pages from old, vintage newspapers with some dating back to 1904! It was interesting to read sections of the pages and learn what was happening around the time that they were printed. 





The food was honestly amazing! We ordered handmade beef burgers with smoked bacon, cheddar cheese (you could choose stilton) and a brioche bun. Served with homemade double cooked chips and a side of rocket. I couldn't finish the whole burger due to it being so filling! The handmade chips were divine, I could honestly eat a whole plate of them. I don't actually like rocket so I didn't eat it but the other two said it was nice. 


Out of all the details, I found the lights interesting as each of the lights were made out of vintage army helmets, so each of the lights are different adding the finishing touch to the overall aesthetic of the restaurant. The lighting is that of a orangey tone, making the atmosphere quite soft and relaxing. Our overall experience was amazing and we can't wait to back there again!

If you're out and about around Folkestone, Kent or if you're planning to visit the seaside town, I would highly recommend visiting The Bouverie Tap, whether it is just for a drink or an early lunch; it is the perfect place to have a break and relax. Make sure you take a look on their Facebook or Instagram pages to see what else they have to offer. (Links below)

Facebook - The Bouverie Tap
Instagram - @thebouverietap

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! I'm planning to write more lifestyle posts like this so let me know what you think! :)

Have a lovely day!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Delicate Rose. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig